When you're selling a home, it's important to choose the right real estate agent. You need someone who knows the market and can help you get the best price for your property. But how do you know which agent is right for you? Here are 10 questions to ask when choosing a real estate agent:
1. How long have you been working as a real estate agent and do you work another job or business?
2. What is your experience with the type of property I'm interested in buying/selling (e.g., single-family home, condo, etc.)
3. Are you familiar with the neighborhood or town where my property is located?
4. What is your marketing strategy for selling my property?
5. What kind of reviews have you received from previous clients?
6. How often will we communicate during the process?
7. How accessible are you outside of normal business hours in case I have questions or need advice?
8. Are there any additional fees I should be aware of (e.g., photography, staging, etc.)?
9. Do you work alone or on a Team?
10. Do you have any additional referral sources that can help me with the selling process (e.g., home inspectors, lenders, handymen, etc.)?
Answering these 10 questions should give you a better idea of who the best real estate agent is for your needs. Make sure you feel comfortable and confident in the choice you make so that you can have a successful selling experience.
Julia Corkey & Vickie Schoenfeld